Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mini Artists, Giant Masterpieces


 We recently purchased a semi-large plastic playscape for the backyard and it was delivered in two gloriously large card board boxes.  I have never been one to pass up a large card board box activity but while I was still deciding what amazing castle, ship or tunnel I could create, Bailey decided to use them as slides and in the process smashed them pretty flat.  I was fine with that because then we could break them open and use them as giant painting surfaces!  It was awesome and so much fun!  Here are the blank canvases below...


The painting started out dainty with little finger dabs, footprints, and hand slaps.




But it didn't take long for the paint races, full body painting, and beautiful chaos to begin!






Drink break!  Making giant masterpieces is hard work!



Look at those precious paint covered faces and bodies!!  How could this not be exactly how we should be spending the afternoon with a giant box.  I love being able to give them the wild creative freedom to do whatever they want!  In a kid world full of rules and don'ts, I love being able to just say go and do and have fun!





Not surprisingly, they spent the almost the entire afternoon and all the paint in my supply creating.  The rest of the time was spent running through the sprinklers and hose getting washed off, which in the world of this 2- and 3-year old, brought just as much delight.  These two bring me so much joy!  I am so thankful for them and afternoons like this!




2 comments:

Michelle said...

So much fun! Makes me want to track down some huge boxes....

angie said...

This is so much fun! I want to do this!! Great photos too!