Monday, June 24, 2013

Ballet Recital


At the beginning of June, Ainsley had her first big ballet recital.  It was in the high school auditorium with fancy lights and a massive stage.  I could imagine it might be a little intimidating for a 3 year old, but she did great!!  Their class was the 4th to last to perform and she waited backstage for almost 2 hours with her class and the stage mom.  I was so impressed by my big girl!!  Her class did a precious dance to "Whistle While You Work" which meant the girls got to dress up like mini snow whites.  She danced and sang through the whole song.  I especially loved how she would loudly fake whistle during all the whistle parts.  She was in heaven!  After the recital, George and I took her out to a special dinner date complete with chocolate milk shakes on the way home.


Here she is with her sweet friend Claire who was in another dance.  It was so adorable to see how excited and proud they both were.


Here are pictures of the professional pictures that were taken of the kids in the weeks before their recital.  Sadly, Ainsley's bestie Charlotte wasn't in the class picture because she broke her arm the week before.



We are on the fence about whether or not we will sign her up for ballet again next year.  While she loved the performance, half the time she says, "ballet is too hard work" and she doesn't want to do it anymore.  It makes me kind of sad thinking this might be her first and last recital but I'm not going to force her.  She will be in preschool five mornings a week next year, so I think we will only let her choose one other activity... to be determined if ballet or gymnastics wins.  :)


1 comment:

Meghann said...

Ainsley looks so grown up and pretty in these pictures - I can't believe how old they are getting! And her class picture - ha! Priceless. I loved Avery's dance recital so much that I want her to continue dance for a couple years just for that one performance. What a hoot! But she's also said that she doesn't want to continue, so we're on the hunt for something else.