"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:192011 was a year of extraordinary blessings and challenges: George's business partnership and creation of Harvest Land and Minerals and Remora Petroleum; the healthy birth of our adorable son; Ainsley's eye surgery; our baby girl turning 2 years old; the diagnosis of my back pain and the subsequent ups and downs with treatment; Ainsley and Bailey's first trip to the ocean; my 29th birthday; George's torn Achilles and subsequent surgery; George's 30th birthday; our 6th wedding anniversary; Bailey's first steps; and all the daily joys, struggles and grace that come with trying (and failing) to raise two small children in the way of the Lord. It has been a crazy year that has just flown by!
In 2012 I have resolved to organize more, stress and worry less, and to daily be content in what the Lord has provided. Content in the blessings of the ordinary day-to-day. Content in whatever pleasant or trying phase our kids are in. Content in my personal health or pain and content in not knowing when I'm going to be done with this struggle. And content in knowing that I'm doing my best even if the house is a wreck, we have take-out for dinner, and I haven't showered. :) I resolve to grab control of my thoughts more often and to rely more heavily on the Lord throughout it all.
1 comment:
Amen!
Post a Comment