
I can't believe that Ainsley is already two and although it is so cliche, I feel like she just keeps getting more and more fun. She has just become my little buddy and I love it. In the evenings George and I are constantly swapping stories about the cute, sweet, funny or naughty things she did that day. Here are a few of the things that make us smile lately...

...Her words! Her talking has really taken off in the past few months and she is easily and often stringing words together to make sentences. It is so fun to be able to have actual conversations with her or to see her chatting to herself or pretending with her dolls and toys. That said, she does have a few language quirks that remind us that she is still little. For instance she calls knives and scissors "ouchies", "peoples" in reference to anyone whose name she doesn't know, calls our phones "hellos", adding a really to everything ie. "really hot" or "really quiet", and anytime she smells something (even roses or oranges) she says "peeuu". One of my favorite phrases right now is "what are you doing, mommy?" It is so cute to see her look up at me with big curious innocent eyes and ask what I'm doing. Even if I'm sitting right next to her playing, she will sometimes crawl into my lap and ask as if it wasn't completely obvious that I'm doing the exact same thing she's doing. But I just love it.
...How if you ask her anytime of day what she would like to eat her response is always either noodles or jellybeans or fruit cup.
...How she's such an adoring, caring big sister. Whenever Bailey's crying this is often the sequence that follows: "Uh-oh, baby cry. It's ok baby. Baby eat? Oh, baby paci" And if she can, she usually runs over and jams Bailey's paci in his mouth. Any time we're getting ready to go anywhere I always hear "Baby with us." If I say that he's staying home she makes sure to kiss him goodbye and then he's one of the first things she asks about when we get back home. She just likes to keep tabs on him and when we get her out of her crib either in the morning or after nap she asks about him and what he's doing. "Baby nite-nite? Baby awake?"
...Her obsession with "yucky poopy diapers"... Bailey's, her baby dolls, and her own.
...Her (mostly) generous spirit. She is of course only two and doesn't always like to share her toys (heck, I'm 28 and I still don't always want to share my toys!) but we have been working on this lately and now anytime I say that we are going to play with a friend she says "share toys with [insert friend's name]". After meals if she eats well we have gotten into the habit of giving her a few jellybeans, marshmallows, or gummy bears. And even though she only gets a few she always divvys them up "one daddy. one mommy".

...Her sweet hand holding. I know that I have commented on this before but I just adore how she grabs our hands and leads us to join her in the game she is playing - "mommy play". Or grabs our hands wanting to help with whatever we're doing whether it's the laundry, cooking, or changing Bailey's diapers - "ainsley help too"
...Her singing and dancing. In the car when we play the cd from music class she babbles along and sweetly moves her hands in all the motions of the song. I'm amazed that she can remember these little motions since music class has been over for several months for the summer. Also, lately she's been in love with VeggieTales and will sing the theme song randomly throughout the day. It is so cute! And for her birthday she got special Dora dancing shoes and instantly goes crazy with wild dance moves whenever she puts them on. We have to try to get this on on video!

...Her bandaid obsession. She has to have a bandaid on one or both of her knees at all times... she crys each and every night when we make her take it off before bath even though she knows that she is going to get a new one right afterward. Not wanting to waste or put up with her fit, I talked George into letting her keep one on for several days. Not a smart idea. When the bandaid eventually came off during swim lessons a red bandaid-shaped rash was left in it's place. Oops.
...Her social, social self! She always wants to "see peoples" and to make friends with anyone she sees. When she hears our neighbors playing across the street she peers through the cracks in the fence and waves at the fence saying "hi neighbors, hi neighbors".
...Her innocence. She thinks that anything broken can be fixed with batteries.
...Her kind heart. She is such a loving daughter and will often randomly come up and give us hugs, kisses, or cheek rubs saying "love you mommy/daddy". We also do these cheesey family hugs where we throw our hands up and say "family hug" and then give each other a four-way squeeze. Sometimes she will ask for these calling them "gee hugs" and we have seen her in her bed at night making her meow-meow and baby give "gee hugs".
Above all, we just adore the little person she is becoming. It has been such an over whelming joy to watch her grow and develop these past two years and although not every moment has been fun or easy, I cherish them all. She is so, so dear to us and there are still times that I am in complete awe of who she is and the fact that she is ours. We love you Ainsley!!
No comments:
Post a Comment