This past Thursday was both Ainsley's and Bailey's class Easter parties. This was Ainsley's first "off-site" Easter party and was really cute and a lot of fun. Here is her class and the other 3-day three year old class lined up ready to grab some eggs! You can't see in the picture but the field in front of them is speckled with lots of colorful plastic eggs.
Above is Ainsley waiting so excitedly to start picking up eggs with her friends. This was her first egg hunt of the year and she had an interesting technique to picking up eggs. She ran out and grabbed one, and then ran past three or four before picking up another one. She then ran past several others, kind of getting caught up in the excitement of it all. Then she found an egg that was broken open with the candy spilled out and she said, 'it's ok mommy, I'll put it back together.' She then carefully puts each piece of candy back in the egg and tried to close it. It was an irregular shape and she couldn't get it closed, so I encouraged her to just put it in her basket and move on. But she was so set on fixing it and spent the next several minutes trying to put it back together while the rest of her class ran around and picked up all the other eggs. And then the hunt was over. Poor girl only got three eggs and one of them was broken. Thankfully some of the eggs were redistributed to make numbers more similar.
Here she is with some of her class besties... Taylor, Sophia, Emerson, Gigi, and Ainsley. It was sweet to watch her play and interact with these little friends that I hear so much about.
Then here's Ainsley with her wonderful teacher, Ms. Harrell. "I love Ms. Harrell" she says.
After Ainsley party was over, we headed over to Bailey's school for his party. I'm not sure how we will handle it when their parties overlap but I guess I'll worry about that another day. Above is Bailey in his bunny ears. He was surprisingly pretty excited to wear them until he realized that there was eggs and candy involved and then the ears got quickly discarded.
Bailey's egg hunting technique couldn't be more opposite than Ainsley. It makes me laugh thinking about the contrast especially since it was highlighted with their parties being back to back. Bailey went at the egg hunt with focus and determination. He quickly realized that if he set his basket down, then he could run and grab two or more eggs at a time. He made several of these "runs" to and from his parked basket and accumulated quite a few eggs!
He even managed to open a few eggs during the hunt, pop in a few pieces of candy, and move on to get more eggs. He was on such a roll, even quickly swiping eggs that other kids were clearly on their way towards, that we had to reign him in a bit so that the others had a chance. It was so hilarious to see the differences in these kiddos personalities.
I love these two pics of these sweet kids. Only wish Bailey was looking at me, but wouldn't you know he is still trying to scope out more eggs.
Here is Bailey and his two teachers... the first is Ms. NaNa (Naomi) and the second is Ms. Mary. Bailey adores both of these ladies and gets excited whenever we mention their names.
I'm so thankful for both of these kiddos sweet school programs. Even though they only spend a few days a week at each of their schools, it has been such a blessing to them and me. I feel so fortunate for the positive experiences it has given both of them, not to mention fun parties like these!






No comments:
Post a Comment