I realize it is December.... but I just had to get this post up before the end of the year! Above is my big girl's first day of Casner Christian Academy's 3 year old program. She goes three mornings a week and loves it! Her teacher describes her as the mother hen of the class and says she is always helping out the smaller (even if just in size, not age) students. I'll admit, that one reason I've delayed posting her pictures were because in the craziness of that first morning, I didn't get the shots that I wanted to remember for all eternity. Not surprisingly, she didn't want to wear what I picked out, her new backpack hadn't arrived yet (because for some reason I was overly emotional about getting her a "big kid/real" backpack and searched everywhere for a little kid one that was big enough but couldn't find one so ended up ordering a big kid one anyway at the last minute. Being a mom is so weird sometimes!) and then she was in a goofy mood and didn't want to smile. But it's now several months later and I still haven't had a chance to "fake" new first day pics, so I've given up. This was just how it was that day.
Then there is my little man. I wasn't really planning on enrolling him anywhere this fall but then felt like he needed more social time and so put him on the waiting list at several places at the last minute. Well, at the beginning of October I got a call that he got into Tarrytown Children's Center, this sweet little church school down the street from us. He goes two mornings a week that fit right into our crazy schedule, so I just felt like it was meant to be. And it has been a really good thing for all of us. He feels so special getting ready to go some place that is just for him and he is so proud to show me the artwork that he brings home.
We I took him to school on the first day he was so excited! And then kind of just brushed me off when I tried to hug and kiss him goodbye. I was the only one who shed a tear. :( Later that night, he started running a fever and when we took him to the dr the next day, it turned out he had strep throat! Agh! I sent my baby boy to his first day of school EVER with strep throat and infected his whole class at his new school. Ugh. I felt awful!!
After his first few days, he started realizing where he was going and would cry briefly when it was time for him to go into class. Of course, I waited outside until he stopped and it never lasted very long. And when I came to pick him up he would hug both his teachers goodbye, even though I could tell that he was tired and eager to leave. Now it is obvious that he has a blast with all the other kids and the teachers tell me that him and another little boy, Foster, are even becoming best buds!
![]() |
| He loves his backpack! Makes him feel like such a big boy! |
![]() |
| Ok Mom! That's enough pictures! |
Sweet big sister just as loving and excited about Bailey's first day of school!










No comments:
Post a Comment