Wednesday, February 12, 2014

School Half Birthday


Each month at Ainsley's school the kids who have had birthdays get celebrated in front of their peers and parents.  Since Ainsley has a summer birthday, she was recognized at her half birthday this past month.  Below she is wearing her birthday sign and waiting for her turn to go on stage.  Her teacher was so cute and made a little half candle to go along with her four big candles.


When her name was called for the brithdays, she confidently walked to the stage and then waited for her turn for the microphone.  These performances are held in a school size gym and their are several hundred adults and kids in the crowd.  This is a lot for a 4 and a half year old and I'm so impressed with how she self-assured she was.


When the kids are handed the microphone, they say something along the lines of "I am [name] and I am [age] years old."  Well when Ainsley was handed the microphone she said, "My name is Ainsley Peyton and I just had a new baby sister named Caroline Elizabeth Peyton."  She then continued to say, "And I am five years old.  No, four years old.  No, I mean, I'm four and a half years old."  Ha!!  She was adorable and had everyone laughing.  She really took control of the mike but I'm glad she stopped there and didn't give away anymore family happenings!


This same week, she also got to bring cupcakes to school for a birthday treat.  School got canceled twice on the day she was supposed to bring treats so we ended up with lots of extra cupcakes this month!!  Her teacher was nice enough to send me these pictures.





We love you Ainsley and everything about your four and a half year old self!!



No comments: