Saturday, February 1, 2014

Christmas Cookies and Gingerbread Houses


One of my family's traditions during the holidays is making Christmas cookies, so while Mom was here, Ainsley and Bailey helped keep that tradition alive.  As always, it was messy and fun and involved lots of eating dough!  I love how the kids thought that they were being sneaky by putting little bits of dough in their mouth and not realizing that they left a trail of flour on their lips and chins.  :)









Another fun treat that we made again this year was gingerbread houses!  When Gammy came for Thanksgiving, she left this little gingerbread house making kit and the kids and I had fun making these tasty treats while Caroline was napping.  Even though the gingerbread was pre-made, I didn't realize that the icing that works like glue to hold the houses together had to sit for several hours to harden, which made these little houses a several day process.  I let the kids eat one of the houses while I worked to 'glue' the other three together and so they were very patient!  :)  Here we all are at the final and most fun stage of icing and decorating the houses with candy.





Our final products.... which only lasted a few minutes before Ainsley and Bailey started taking nibbles!  Such yummy fun!





No comments: