Several weeks ago Ainsley and I made edible play dough and played and played and played!! We had so much fun making balls and jewelery and stamping holes. Although the recipe says it is edible, I didn't let Ainsley eat it... even though Ainsley tried a few times. :)
We had a blast and I wanted to pass the recipe along. It is super easy to make, lasts a while, plus although I was worried about it staining (hence the Merry Christmas shirt in late January), it doesn't!!
Kool-Aid Play Dough Recipe
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup salt
3 teaspoons Cream of Tarter
1 package Kool-Aid mix of any flavor of unsweetened
1 tablespoon cooking oil
Mix dry ingredients together in a large saucepan. Slowly add water mixed with oil and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens to dough. Turn out onto a heatproof cutting board or counter top and knead until cool enough for children to handle. It gets less sticky as you knead it. Dough will be the color of Kool-Aid mix and will smell like the Kool-Aid but it won't stain! Can be stored in air tight container for up to six months.
Happy Playing!
1 comment:
Thanks for this recipe! We'll need some new indoor activities with the freezing weather coming this week.
Post a Comment