Saturday, January 15, 2011

Christmas Recap


We spent Christmas this year in Missouri and I have finally gone through all the pictures from both mine and my mom's camera (over 800 pictures in a week!) and here are the highlights. We had such a nice visit and Ainsley LOVED all the attention from her uncles and grandparents. Above is our best attempt at a family picture (George and Ainsley, me, Brian, Dad, Matthew, Mom, Meaghan, and James). And below is Ainsley loving on her grandma (with banana smoothie mustaches) and grandpa.



Here she is playing with my brother and Meaghan's bunny that they left with my parents when they moved to Boston several years ago. Ainsley was so gentle and sweetly petted and fed the bunny.


Making herself at home with the leg warmers my mom knitted... I love this picture because it is the perfect representation of how busy and particular Ainsley can be.


Here she is playing with my parent's nativity. Over the course of the week, she spent so much time arranging and rearranging the nativity figures on this window sill.





Watching uncle Brian play the guitar...


On Christmas eve we were all surprised to wake up to a few inches of snow. Ainsley took one look at the snow and said "uh-oh". The snow fell peacefully all day Christmas eve and then on and off Christmas day and set the perfect mood. And this year we let Ainsley go out and play in it and she had a blast. At first, she was a little overzealous and ran into a big pile of snow and face planted. But after a few moments of tears she recovered, found her footing, and had so much fun! It was sweet to watch... and watch... and watch, because she kept begging to go out and play. Looks like we have a snow bunny on our hands!



Here's Ainsley sitting in the doll cradle that was mine when I was little, feeding my first cabbage patch doll. I'm so thankful my mom saved stuff like this because now Ainsley's babies live in this cradle at our house.


Ainsley and I on Christmas morning...


Playing in all the wrapping paper with her uncles...



My brothers and sister-in-law intently reading one of Ainsley's picture books...


Ainsley riding on the lego car that uncle James built for her. And then giving her beloved zebra a ride.


As you can see, we had such a fun visit. Throughout the week, George and I kept remarking about how next year we're going to be chasing 2 lil kiddos around, which even though I'm getting bigger by the day, still just seems so foreign. Sometimes is it just hard to comprehend how blessed we are.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm so jealous! We really need to see that little munchkin soon. It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas - glad you had fun!