A few weekends ago, George took Ainsley to the Daddy Daughter Dance at the country club. This is the second year that they have gone together and this year she was even more excited because she knew what to expect. I tried to make the night as special as possible and she got to wear a new dress and I curled her hair and let her wear a very little makeup and spritzed her with perfume. Comparing these pictures to last year made her feel so much bigger!
It happened to be the weekend that my mom was in town and so she got a few pictures of Ainsley getting ready. I love her how these pictures show how pretty and grown up she felt... as well as showing off her sassy side. And thanks to my absent mindedness, we got to go through this routine twice because I thought the dance was the night before it actually was. Ugh - so Ainsley was treated to two special nights out with daddy!
At the dance, there were princesses that Ainsley was obsessed with. She is in this sweet place were she really thinks that the women dressed up as Cinderella actually is Cinderella. Half way through the night, George texted me that Ainsley didn't want to dance with him but just wanted to dance with the princesses. At one point she apparently said, "Daddy, you stand in line to get ice cream. I'll dance with Cinderella. And then you can come get me when you have ice cream." Ha! Poor George! But even though that's what she said, I know that being there with her Daddy meant the world to her. And she has been talking about their special night on several occasions since then. I'm lucky to have these two in my life!

No comments:
Post a Comment