Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Caroline 4 months

 

Weight - 14 pounds 6 ounces (50th to 75th percentile)
Height - 26 1/8 inches (95th to 98th percentile)
Head - 16 inches (50th percentile)

At four months old, Caroline is our chubbest and maybe our happiest baby yet!  We have never had a kiddo with such a high weight percentile.  And I love it!  It definitely makes her my daughter!!  At four months:

  • Caroline can hold her own weight while standing for short periods and loves to stand up on our laps.
  • She's drooling nos-stop often requiring an outfit change and at times chews aggressively on toys.
  • She worked hard this month on getting things into her mouth and recently she has gotten pretty good and holding things while she chews on them.  And out of all her toys, she still prefers to chew on our fingers the most.
  • For the most part, Caroline takes three naps a day. One 45 min-ish nap in the am, a long 2-3 hour nap in the early afternoon and sometimes another 45 min nap around dinner time. Although last week she has been kind of all over the place sleep wise and I'm hoping its a result of her vaccines.
  • She is nursing about every 2.5 to 3 hours during the day and takes a bottle well when needed.
  • She is doing great at night and goes to bed about 7pm and then dreamfeeds at about 10pm and then eats/wakes up again around 4am/5am.  She will wake up at times on and off throughout the night for a paci.
  • Caroline loves to be sung to and it often brings a smile to her face even when she is upset.  
  • She rubs her fingers back and forth through her hair when she's sleepy and at night she sings loudly while I'm rocking her right before she falls asleep.  She also still likes to hold tightly to one of my fingers as she is falling asleep.
  • More than I remember with Ainsley and Bailey, I feel like Caroline is my little buddy and has a preference for me over George and other people.
  • Her face lights up when we speak to her or smile.
  • She still sucks, slurps, and gulps loudly while I'm nursing which has proven to be quite awkward at times.
  • Anytime we set her anywhere - the swing, her bumbo, the play gym, her carseat - she crys initially. This is one of the very few times she crys. It usually doesn't last long but just long enough to let us know that she could rather be held or at least have us in her line of vision. At times it can be frustrating but at its core, its sweet. She just wants us close, always.  I can already tell that she will probably be our child who has the most separation anxiety in the future.
  • She is still snuggly but wants to hold her head up independenly more when we are holding her.
  • Most people comment about how she looks older than 4 months and she is already wearing several 6 month outfits because of her length... and her belly.
  • At the beginning of this month she started getting spooked by new people and faces.  I don't really remember this with our other kids but it made whoever was saying hello feel awful!
  • She clasps and chews on her hands.
  • Caroline is ticklish under her chin(s), on her thighs, and on her belly.  She makes the sweetest little laughs now.
  • Amazes us by continuing to fall asleep in resturants, in the waiting room during Baileys speech therapy, church, at the appliance store, etc. At this point it seems as long as I can move the stroller back and forth a bit and she has a paci, she's as good as golden. Everytime it blows my mind.
  • Sometime I think about how we first thought Caroline was going to be a boy and of course if she was, I would love her just the same... But I'm pretty glad that she's a girl!

No comments: