Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving

 
Being two weeks from my due date, we had a very low key Thanksgiving this year.  That said, we were excited to be able to host George's Mom and husband and his brother and girlfriend.  Above is George and the kids with Gammy Pam and Harold.  Below is Ainsley giving uncle Ray sweet snuggles.  Somehow I didn't get a picture of Natalie - sorry!
 

 
I was so thankful that they were easy guests and were eager to celebrate with us, even if the entire meal was catered!  I couldn't help but laugh at myself because the only thing I made was an easy cream cheese cherry pie that is a tradition for George and his family and only takes 20 minutes or so.... and it didn't turn out!  Ha!  It tasted good but for some reason it never hardened.  Ha - still makes me laugh.  :)  Good thing I didn't try to make the rest of the meal!  Here I am below at a very thankful (although maybe a bit scattered-brained) 38 weeks pregnant on Thanksgiving day.
 

 
As Gammy always does, she came prepared with crafts and activities that the kids, especially Ainsley adored!!  Knowing that Ainsley and Bailey love to play kitty together, her and Harold got them these mechanical kitty cats that purr and meow.  The kids LOVE them!!

 
 





Plus, they also brought all these creative accessories for the kitties to "play" with.  They brought small colorful toy mice and birds and other little feathers and bells for the kitties to "play" with, along with blankets and ribbon for collars so that the kitties had everything they needed.






And as if that wasn't enough for Ainsley and Bailey's imagination to go wild with, Gammy spent a good amount of time making little kitty houses out of card board boxes for each of the kids.  Ainsley helped for quite a bit but Gammy also made one for Bailey's kitty even though the creation process didn't hold his attention for long.  Below is Gammy and Ainsley with their finished product.  Both houses are so awesome and needless to say I was very impressed!  Thank you Gammy!!

 
The rest of the weekend went by fast with lots of leftover and laughs.  Here are a few pictures of our time.  Uncle Ray and Ainsley in their matching jammies...
 



Daddy getting some post-nap snuggles from Bailey on two separate days.  Such a daddy's boy...

 

 
George with his mom (and Bailey)...


Daddy and Ainsley snuggles...


 
George and his brother, Ray...

 
It was such a good visit and both George and I were honestly sad to see everyone go home.  We feel so blessed and have so much to be thankful for and getting to spend sweet time with family is always at the top of the list.  Thanks for coming to visit Pam, Harold, Ray, and Natalie!!
 
 

No comments: