Sunday, December 22, 2013

Santa visit


The kids were really excited to go visit Santa this year so I was happy that it was something that we were able to go do before baby Caroline arrived.  Ainsley asked for a fairy princess doll and Bailey asked for a "man-man" which is his word for a super hero.  I'm not sure if he means he wants superman or batman but I think we are covered because Santa has gotten him both.


We try not to emphasis Santa too much in our house because of the over-emphasis of him in the rest of the world... but this year Ainsley has taken him pretty seriously.  See her serious expression talking to him below.  On the way to this breakfast she was asking me it if there was going to be a real Santa or just someone dressed up as Santa and a few other tough questions.  I wasn't really prepared for such questions and tried my best to answer like a politician... "I don't know.  After you meet him, you will have to tell me what you think."  Then thankfully by the drive home, she had forgotten.


My sweet girl and me waiting in line to see the big man.


My mom, Grandma Smoothie, and Ainsley at breakfast afterwards.  Ainsley was so excited to get to have orange juice in a fancy glass just like Grandma's mimosa.


Daddy and Bailey cheers-ing too.


It was a fun morning and I'm glad that we got to add it to the memory books!  :)

No comments: