I'm still playing catch-up with the blog, but the weekend after Bailey's birthday (in mid-April, a month ago!!), my brother and sister-in-law, Matthew and Meaghan, and my mom came for a visit. The last time I saw M&M was when I was pregnant with Bailey - so needless to say, our visit was far overdue and it was so wonderful to have them stay with us!! The picture above is from our adult night out to one of our favorite restaurants where we spoiled ourselves with good oysters, champagne, wine, and steak! It was such a treat to have uninterrupted conversation and laughter. George of course came too, but he was taking the picture.
Matthew and Meaghan don't have kids of their own (yet) but my brother is really just a big kid at heart and it was so sweet to watch him make up imaginary games with both Ainsley and Bailey. My kids adored M&M from the start and barely gave them any space the entire weekend. Here Matthew is playing doctor checkup with Ainsley. Then it was his turn to be the patient and Ainsley and Bailey are giving him the work up!
Of course next came couch pillow forts. Mom and I laughed because this is exactly what my other brothers James and Brian did when they were here over Christmas. I guess somethings use run in the family. :)
For Bailey's birthday, Grandma and Grandpa Smoothie got him these big cardboard brick building blocks. They are very similar to ones that Matthew had when we were kids and that my awesome Mom saved and still has. Bailey and Ainsley have loved playing with them when we go and visit so it is fun that now they have a set of their own. And it was especially fun that Matthew was there to share the excitement of the new gift because he loved them so much when he was little.
During their visit, we ventured out to the botanical gardens. When they came to visit in the spring of 2010, we went to the gardens too but due to the drought, not as many things were growing then. Here's a flash back pic with baby Ainsley... and Bailey just a dream.
We didn't get a group shot this time around, but the gardens were so lush and beautiful that we spent a good amount of time strolling around. Plus, they were highlighting this adorable fairy house exhibit and had all these little fairy houses tucked along the path to discover. Ainsley was in heaven with her fairy world of imagination and Meaghan played a key role in keeping the storyline going. It felt perfectly fitting to share this type of outing with them.
| Looking at the fairy house |
Since we last saw them, M&M have gotten really into rock climbing and while they were here they wanted to show off their stuff. I have to admit that I was more than a little impressed and a bit jealous that I couldn't jump in and try (despite their encouragement, I opted not to because I was worried about my back). But they did awesome and Matthew made even the really hard climbs look easy.
Here are a few pics from the land... I know that I need to do an official post about this, but in January George and I bought a piece of land and are planning to build a house there. It has some random stuff on it now but we wanted to show it off. I'll write more about this soon, I promise.
One morning, M&M escaped to have a quiet morning breakfast and coffee outside... well, not sure that is allowed in this house. Ainsley and Bailey quickly figured out their plan and came to interrupt their quiet. :)
Matthew helping me make diaper box cars during another morning that needed an activity. The kids got quite a kick out of them!
After the weekend was over, my kids were smitten and spoiled by all the attention and play! Thank you for a great visit M&M - come back soon!!




1 comment:
They sound like such a fun aunt and uncle! And, how do you keep a white couch so white?! Eleanor is VERY into crayons and markers these days. Is yours washable? (We're sofa shopping)
Post a Comment