When my mom was in town last month she took some pictures of the kids swim lessons that I never would have gotten otherwise. Thanks Mom! We started Bailey in swim lessons this past summer at the same place that Ainsley has taken lessons for the past year and a half. He loves the water and the class but to be honest his lesson is as much for me as it is for him. When Ainsley was this age, her and I did music class together which is something that she adored and was special one-on-one time that I adored as well. Bailey loved music class too but it just isn't something that my back can handle right now, so swim lessons are my special one-on-one activity with Bailey. That said, he is learning good early swimming and water safety skills. He has a really strong kick and fairly consistent underwater arm pulls, has seven seconds of breath control (which means he can hold his breath underwater for seven seconds), and understands to look for the wall behind him if he falls into the water.

Not surprisingly, he is completely fearless in the water as well. The island below is his favorite thing and he over-confidently jumps off of it regardless of where I am.
 |
| Big sister watching and waiting for her lesson |
 |
| The bye-bye song |
 |
| Love you sweet boy!!! |
I wasn't planning on putting Ainsley in swim lessons again this fall, but I have been amazed at how much she has progressed over the summer that I didn't want her to lose ground. She is currently in the X-treme Aquatots class where they can swim 15-20 feet unassisted. It impresses me so much watching how well and how far Ainsley can swim. It makes her pretty tired but she just loves it! Something that is funny about her though, is that her confidence on being able to swim changes depending on her location. She always swims great at swim lessons but this summer when we went to other pools sometimes she would bob her head up in the water and act like she couldn't swim at all or swim great. Just depended on how she felt, I guess. Silly girl!
 |
| Her back float |
 |
| They swim with these buoys to help work on their kick and body position. |
I just love my little fish!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment