For several weeks now I have started having the annoying post-baby experience where your hair falls out in handfuls. Of course this is the worst after a shower and the other day I was dealing with this when Ainsley walked over pointing to my fist-full of hair and asked about what was going on.
Ainsley: What's that mommy?
Me: That's mommy's hair falling out.
Ainsley: Ainsley's hair fall out too. (and she started mimicking me)
Me: No, Ainsley's hair not fall out too. Mommy's hair falls out because mommy is old and Ainsley isn't old. (ok, so not exactly true, but I thought that was an easier response than trying to explain to her how post-baby hormones work)
She thought about this for a moment and then nodding her head in affirmation said:
Ainsley: Get a new mommy!
Ha! Gee, thanks Ainsley. We often tell her that her juice or milk or snack is old when it has been sitting out for a while and then explain to her that we need to get a new one. Oh, the world through the eyes of a child.
2 comments:
My hair has been falling out for a couple of months now and I am really ready for this phase to be over with! It gets tangled in EVERYTHING! Laundry, Trip's Monkey, AK's fingers! The joys of motherhood ;)
I want to scoop her up! She's just so loveable.
(And yes, I feel totally bald now, too. It's awful)
Post a Comment