Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sticker House


This "house" has been a staple in our front room/playroom since early fall so I hardly notice it anymore... until someone who hasn't been here comes over and comments. :) Back in the fall when we bought our dining room chairs we got all these great, large, sturdy boxes that make perfect play houses for little people. That's how it started... with a simple door and a few windows. Then Ainsley become obsessed with stickers and since I didn't really want to teach her how to color vertically on walls, we began to add stickers to her house.


She had such fun identifying what was on the sticker and putting it on her house that the game continued and evolved. She can now pull the stickers off all by herself and makes the animal or car noises of whatever the sticker pictures. She has such a blast doing it (see her below, hard at work!) and I figure it helps develop fine motor skills and encourages learning and art... so this lil sticker house has become a loved fixture in our home! :)

No comments: