Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meow Meow


Meet Ainsley's newest obsession... Meow Meow, the kitty. She has always loved real cats, but her obsession with toy cats started about a month ago when we were waiting for a prescription at the pharmacy and I was desperate for a distraction. She gravitated toward this wind-up cat trinket and even for the over-priced $3 (esp. since once we got home I realized the back leg was broken!), it was hers.


I was hoping this would hold her interest at least until we got home, but much to my surprise she continued playing with this piece of plastic junk for well over two weeks!! She would snuggle it to her nose and cuddle and kiss it all while making the kitty "meow, meow" noises. Finally I decide that I couldn't allow this to be the kitty that she fell in love with... so a few weekends ago we went to Build-a-Bear so that she could 'make' a sweet, soft kitty of her own. Although she is still a bit young to understand the magic and imagination of this store, she still had such a good time choosing her kitty, stuffing it, and giving it a heart. She became instantly attached and cried when the sales lady rang him up and wouldn't let them put him in the card board box carrier... and the rest is history!


Since then, Meow Meow has hardly left Ainsley's side. She sleeps with him, takes him in the car wherever we go (I won't let her take him into stores or school), wants him to eat next to her - sharing her snacks and drinks, and has him 'help out' in whatever task she is doing. Here she is giving him a kiss before she pushes him down the slide.


Here he is riding in her wagon and her dump truck...


And here she is sharing the baby crib with him, giving him kisses and hugs! It is so sweet to see her pretend and to make connections with toys.


Needless to say, after all this love and attention, Meow Meow has already required a few baths!! And I see many more in his future! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So cute! It will be fun to see how years Meow Meow stays by her side!