Friday, March 18, 2011

Lil Boy


As many of you know, my husband is the fifth, as in George Bailey Peyton V. It was a big joke at our wedding that if I didn't produce a male offspring, I was going to be beheaded and the next wife was going to be moved in! :) Of course there was no real pressure and we would have both been just as excited to learn that this lil life inside of me was a girl, but I will admit that we both breathed a small sigh of relief to know we would be having a boy to carry on the family name. That said, our lil guy will be named George Bailey Peyton VI and will go by Bailey as is tradition, ie. George goes by George, his dad goes by Bailey, his grandfather went by George, and so on. Over Thanksgiving I got to learn a little bit more about the Peyton family's rich history and it is such an honor to be able to name our son after such great men as his father, his grandfather, his great-grandfather, and so on. This lil guy has big shoes to fill but is already so, so loved.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Johanna,
We can't wait to get to meet this new lil guy of yours. Hope your back is holding up---think of you guys so often and pray that you are enduring this last part of your pregnancy ok. So excited to see you in June. Miss you guys lots! xoxo