Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Day!


We woke up Christmas morning to a beautiful layer of snow. It kept snowing the next three days, not enough to make things too dangerous outside but just enough to make the world glisten and feel cheery. How lucky to have Ainsley's first Christmas a white one!! She of course could not have cared less as long as there were presents and paper to cram in her mouth. Here she is below after I removed a particularly wet piece of wrapping paper and kept it from completely dissolving in her mouth.


Ainsley had to wait for her sleepy uncles to wake up before the present opening began, so she had time to put on this sweet outfit from Grandpa Bailey and Yaya, George's dad and step-mom. Thanks for sending this in time for Christmas Bailey and Amy! She looked super cute and festive!


Once everyone was awake, Ainsley got to really go to town! As mentioned before she was easily distracted by all the paper, which was of course all-natural and organic with no harmful dyes, right?!


But after a bit, she started getting the hang of it, even sitting up on her own part of the time. I guess present and fun paper are pretty good motivation to practice her sitting skills!


My parents got Ainsley her first baby doll, a Corolle doll, perfect for sucking on and loving. This gift is super sentimental to me because when I was a little girl, I fell in love with a Corolle doll at FAO Swartz during a trip to Chicago. I spent hours in the store holding the doll but because of its high sticker price, it didn't become mine until months later when we saw another one at the FAO Swartz in St. Louis. It was the last one and after much pleading and promising to do extra chores, I got to bring the doll home. Throughout my childhood my Corolle doll was MUCH loved and it is so special and surreal that now my daughter has her own Corolle doll to love - crazy! Thanks so much Mom and Dad!




Then, much to my surprise, my incredibly talented artistic brother, James, painted Ainsley a whimsical baby fairy to hang in her nursery. It is entitled Ugly Fairy and I just love it and was so touched by his sweetness! The oil paint was still wet so sadly we had to leave it in Missouri to dry and be framed, but I can't wait to get to bring it home. Thank you James!!





Here are some pictures of Ainsley with my parents. Notice that Dad is wearing his new, "This is what a really cool Grandpa looks like" shirt that Ainsley gave him earlier that morning.







Merry Christmas!! Love you all!!

1 comment:

Louanne said...

what wonderful gifts.