Wednesday, December 16, 2009

4 years and counting....


Today is mine and George's 4 year anniversary! Last night we left Lou for the first time and went out to dinner to celebrate at a nice restaurant. Although admittedly I was pretty nervous leaving Ainsley and yes, I left a full page of typed "instructions" complete with a diagram (dork!) for our sweet friend Michelle who agreed to come over for the evening, things were of course fine. And honestly, it was pretty nice to just have it be the two of us for a few hours. It provided a sweet time of reflection about all that has happened in the past 4 years... we've moved from TX to CA and back.... we've both applied and been accepted into grad schools, George just completed his program and I'm about to start mine.... we've traveled to the Dominican Republic, Italy, London, Ireland, the Bahamas... we've had a baby.... George has started his own company.... and all the while we've fallen more and more in love. It all makes me excited and curious about what the next 4 years will bring! Love you George!

4 comments:

ellie621 said...

happy belated anniversary!! Glad your night out went so well! love you guys!

Leslie said...

I can't believe it's been four years already - seems like only yesterday I was supervising the little ringbearers as they walked down the aisle. I hope you guys had a wonderful day. We love you!

The Nivens' said...

Happy Anniversary to you all too! I thought about you all on the 16th! Glad you got some "alone" time....that's important! Love you and can't wait to see you next week!!!

Louanne said...

Happy Anniversary!