Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Baby Love


On Saturday, our little girl will be 32 weeks old and I'll enter my 8th month of pregnancy. Our doctor's appointment last week showed that she is looking good and that thankfully her head is already down. At this point she is about 3.5 pounds and should hopefully stay stuck in this position until birth. She is bigger and much more active now which has made this whole experience that much more real and special to me. During the ultrasound last week we had a chance to see her face and you could already make out puffy cheeks and a little button nose. I know to most people the ultrasound probably just looks like a blob but to me she already looks so beautiful. It continually amazes me how much love I have for this little girl who I have never met.

She has gotten progressively more active and now regularly kicks and punches me, I'm sure just to make sure that I'm not paying attention to anything but her. Sometimes when I push back on the spot she kicks, kind of 'kicking back' in a way, she will respond with another series of kicks. George and I have spent countless hours holding my belly, being impressed at her strength, and dreaming about what she will be like when she is actually here. We are so excited to meet her!

6 comments:

ellie621 said...

This is such a sweet post! Makes me want to be pregnant again, something I didn't think I'd say for quite a while! :)
You are going to be the BEST mama, Johanna! Love you!

Mark and Kat said...

Hooray for those kicks. The best part is holding those hands and feet that you grew to love so much in the womb. Meeting your daughter for the first time is amazing. I am so excited for you two.

Louanne said...

I agree, this is such a sweet post. I can't wait to meet her either.

Fema said...

I am glad to hear she is doing well. It sounds like an amazing experience. She already has huge fans out here in Austin. Also, what a beautiful belly picture. I can't wait to meet her.

Leslie said...

That reminds me of when I was pregnant with Sam. I'd rest my book on my belly while I was reading (don't worry, it was paperback!) and in the last month or two I'd have to stop reading because his little kicks were making the words jump around too much.
Not much longer now! Can't wait!

Ellen said...

Yay! I'm so excited to hear that everything is going great with your pregnancy and that yall will be moving down to Austin! I can't wait to spend lots of time with all of you, especially that lovely little girl! I'm so ecstatic!
Love you both!