Friday, May 29, 2009

Baby Shower Picnic


On Wednesday, I was blessed with the most adorable picnic baby shower! Picture quilts, picnic baskets filled with goodies, beautiful tulips, decorative pennants and dear friends all in a cozy area under a ring of eucalyptus trees. Not to mention all the darling baby things that were so generously given to lil miss P.
Here are the fabulously creative and awe-inspiring hostesses of this gathering... Ellie (who will be joining us in Austin!!), Carrie, Pam, me, Alisa, Ginny, Annika, and Emily. I love you girls!


My best friend and former college roomie, Kelli, drove over from the east bay for the party, which is an especially big feat since her little boy is due on Monday!! It has been so fun to get to be pregnant and close to such a dear friend.


Here are a few of the other party goers that made the evening special... Jordan, Myriam, Emily, Ginny, Christa, and Katherine.


Along with Ann, Shannon, Victoria, Annika, Angie, and several others.


Each guest shared their favorite mother/daughter memories on mini pennants. They were each so fun and unique and make me excited to start special traditions of my own with our little girl.... although I might be stealing some of yours ladies! Below is Annika, Michelle, and Margaret writing theirs...


And as if I wasn't spoiled enough, the hostesses compiled pictures of George and I when we were younger and made a precious canvas to hang in the baby's nursery. It reads, "Mommy & Daddy were little once, too."


I found myself wiping my eyes the whole night because I just felt so loved and spoiled. I can't believe that all these amazing girls were strangers only two years ago and that now I find myself missing them if we haven't chatted in a few days. It means so much to me to be wrapped up in such a caring group of girls and it is going to break my heart to say goodbye.... but I'll save that for another day! Ugh - hormones! :)

1 comment:

Louanne said...

That is so awesome and sweet. I LOVE the "mommy and daddy were little too" I am also very happy that your best friend was able to drive down.