As many of you already know, George, Baby P, and I will be moving to Austin, TX in August!!! After months of waiting, we finally heard that I was accepted into the University of Texas's School of Public Health for admission this fall! UT was my top school choice in part because of its connection with the amazing work that the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation does in the area of childhood health and wellness. So, my acceptance there is such an exciting honor. Plus, Austin's investment management community offers several professional avenues for George. And... it means that we are that much closer to friends and family that mean the world the us. Needless to say, George and I are both thrilled and feel so blessed that things fell into place the way they did!!
So, God-willing the plan is that George will graduate mid-June and start working full-time setting up his investment management firm, then we'll have 'lil Baby P (or Matilda or Penelope as she is lovingly and humorously referred to by George's Dad and my Mom) early/mid July, then we'll move to Austin mid-August and start setting up our new home. After wise counsel and much prayer I've decided there are enough changes and transitions for one 3 month period and so I'll be deferring the start of my Masters of Public Health program until the spring semester. This way I'll get to enjoy the blessing of being a mom without distraction, at least for a while. It all feels so surreal and we are so fortunate!!!
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so excited! Congrats!
I am so excited you guys are coming to Austin!
Post a Comment