Since life keeps me too busy to blog as much as I would like to, here is a photo dump of the beautiful random day-to-day moments that bring smiles to my face.
Below is what I found one afternoon when I walked into my room... Bailey, who is supposed to be in his room having rest time, has instead snuck into our room and is playing on the ipad behind the pillows on our bed. It probably would have taken me quite a while to find him if it weren't for the pile of "stuffs" that he toted with him.
The night before bed that Ainsley asked me to take a picture with her.
My baby girl still waking up from her morning nap... I love her sleepy snuggles.
The afternoon Bailey hurt his finger and wanted me to take a picture for Daddy to see... Ha!
My artist...
The weekend that I gathered all my large baby equipment to pass on to George's brother who is expecting his first baby this summer. I'm happy to see it all go to a good home but it was still harder than I expected letting it go. It was the lullaby lamb chair that we bought with Ainsley and one of the few things that sort of calmed her during those hard early days. Anytime George heard the music when we used it for Bailey or Caroline he said that it gave him post-traumatic stress remembering that time. It was the swing that we bought when Bailey was a baby... that I felt like he spent his entire first 3 months in,until we found him halfway hanging out the bottom one day after he had scooted himself down. It was the snuggle nest baby bed that sat in our bed that we got for Caroline so that I wouldn't have to get out of bed in the middle of the night to care for her. And then there was the baby mobile, playmats, bumbo, and a bunch of other things that all three of the kids used. The practical side of me is happy to clear some room in our closets and glad that we won't have to move this to the new house.... but most of me is sad and just in denial that this phase of our life is over. It went so fast.
Ainsley's favorite night of the year - the Daddy daughter dance! She was very specific that she wanted her hair in a headband braid with curls. I'm going to have to do my homework to keep up with this girly girly! Then below is her clinging to one of the princesses named Rose, who she still talks about and a goofy shot of her and George at the dance.
Below is my date for the night (along with Caroline)! Ha! He dressed himself and to celebrate our special night, we watched a new movie and I let him eat dinner in the living room. He was the cutest!
My sweet little boy who still sometimes can't make it through a whole day without a nap. Sometimes he will randomly go up to his room, turn his light off, turn is noise machine on and crawl into bed for a nap.
Ainsley "reading" to him before rest time. They continue to be the sweetest friends and I'm so thankful for how well they play together 90% of the time.
My beautiful girl on a sunny afternoon. Sometimes it shocks me how grown up she has become.
These two! There is just something special about the way that Caroline looks up to Bailey. I can't quite put my finger on it but they have a unique and sweet bond. If Bailey is having a still moment, Caroline will often plop down on his lap or lean in close for a snuggle. She doesn't do this with anyone else beside George and me. The other day Bailey said, "I will never hurt Caroliney. I will just work hard to protect her." He said it with such honest love and intention that it made me tear up. I love to watch their affection for each other grow.
This spring Ainsley has started playing soccer with one of her friends from church. Here is a picture of her first game with her buddy McCullough. She is having a lot of fun with it so far.
Caroliney on a day where she had the unfortunate experience of being dressed by daddy. She is wearing a shirt that is for 3-6 month babies and showed her pudgy tummy all day. Bloomers that are on backwards. And fur-lined winter boots. Ha! I appreciate the effort but it made me laugh out loud every time I looked at her.
Here are the kiddos with two of their besties at a birthday party. The two girls are sisters, one in Ainsley's class and one in Bailey's and they are such sweet friends!
Happy March!
1 comment:
These are all so fun to see! I feel the same way about giving away our baby gear!
Post a Comment