Halloween is such a fun time with these little people. This year Ainsley was Queen Elsa (along with almost every other little girl on the planet!). She wore the Elsa dress and tiara she got for her birthday along with a new Elsa wand and necklace. She was in heaven! Bailey asked to be man-man (Superman) again this year. For a while he alternated between wanting to be Spiderman or Superman, so I went ahead and bought him a Spiderman costume. He tried it on once and declared that he hated it because of the 'muscle pads' it had. So, he wore the same Superman costume that he wore last year and was so excited about it! I love boys!
Caroline was my cute little piggy. The costume was a little big and the hood didn't fit very well so she went without it. That was fine with me because I thought that she was the cutest in just her pigtails!
And just for fun.... since Ainsley was Queen Elsa but also had a princess Anna dress-up dress that sort of fit Caroline, I ordered an Olaf hat and made the kids pose for a Frozen picture too. They are pretty stinkin' cute if you ask me!
Halloween fell on a beautiful night this year and so we all enjoyed being outside. To start off the evening, we went to a block party held by some of our neighbors. It was fun but the big kids were really anxious to trick-or-treat and Caroline was bored and sleepy, so we didn't stay long. We went back to the house and left Caroline with a sitter and then George and I drove the big kids over a few blocks to meet up with some of our other neighborhood friends. Ainsley ran into one of her sweet buddies from school and I took them from house to house gathering goodies. I was surprised with how many kids she recognized and knew from school and activities and she was in her social element all night and was so happy. I love Halloween but I'm not comfortable with the kids going off alone yet so I stuck pretty close to Ainsley and her gaggle of girls most of the night, while George did the same with Bailey. Bailey had fun going up to all the houses and gathering candy but he isn't as outgoing as Ainsley and was not as into it as she was. He was happier to just be with Daddy out late at night. And fittingly, when we asked them at the end of the night what their favorite part of Halloween was, Ainsley said seeing her buddy Brynn and Bailey said getting to ride in the car with his head through the sunroof with Daddy! Perfectly describes their personalities!
No comments:
Post a Comment