Friday, November 14, 2014

Pumpkin Patch


Our annual pumpkin patch pictures were quite a struggle this year!  The one above was the best I could get and that was after lots and lots of trying.



The older two tried their best... but our timid little Caroline was scared of the pumpkins and cried until I let her have her paci.




After a while, I gave up and let the big kids run free...


Then naturally, without the pressure, Caroline warmed up to the pumpkins and calmed down.



So I gathered them for one last try and got this.... Bailey with his forced cheese face, Ainsley in an awkward robot pose, and Caroline as stoic as can be.  Sigh.  I give up!


Despite the less than perfect pictures, this neighborhood church pumpkin patch is such a sentimental event for me.  It was one of the first things that we did with baby Ainsley when we first moved here in 2009... and every year since, it has helped marked a transition and growth of our family.  I get even more emotional thinking that next year will likely be our last in this neighborhood because we will hopefully be about to move into our new house.  We won't be far from this patch... but we also won't drive past it on a daily basis which just marks another transition.


No comments: