Easter this year seemed extra special for some reason. More than in other years, I found myself really stuck by the sacrifice that Jesus made when he died for our sins on the cross. We are so undeserving of the Lord's love and I have felt especially humbled in a year when we have had some many incredible blessings. Anyway, above is Ainsley at her school's flowering the cross Easter chapel. Each child brings flowers to school to place on the cross. It is a beautiful and sweet service. Below is a picture of her class and teacher, Mrs. Moore, at the cross.
For Easter, this year, I was determined to keep it simple. I admittedly went overboard with the Easter egg hunt and gifts last year and I wanted this year to be more focused on the cross and less on the bunny. But we did have some fun. Breakfast that morning was served in pink and blue plastic eggs that contained things like raisins, cut up cheese, cracker, pretzels, berries and other little nibbles.
After breakfast we all rushed to get ready and pretty for church. Caroline was baptized that morning during the church service but I'll chat about that on another post. Then after naps the kids came downstairs to find a few treats and goodies waiting for them in their Easter baskets. Ainsley kept going on and on about how she couldn't believe that the Easter bunny came. It was cute and hilarious.
My three little bunnies...
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment