In her fifth month Caroline had her first airplane ride on a trip to CA with just mommy and daddy, had her first mini haircut to even out the wisps of hair on either side of her head, started consistently sleeping through the night (with a dream feed), and as George often jokes, is earning an unequal share of the inheritance because she is such a good baby!
- Loves chewing and biting our fingers and hands.
- When she's laying on her back she loves to grab, play with, and chew on her toes. Every time she does it reminds me of the happy baby yoga pose.
- Still doesn't have a good nap schedule which makes life both easier and harder than I remember with the other two. At times the flexibility of not having a set schedule is nice as I need to run around with the other kids activities but I can also tell that she is needing something more consistent and I worry that she isn't getting enough quality daytime sleep. Towards the end of this month, I have been trying to figure this out for her.
- George and I are still her favorite and although she will warm up to new people after a while, unfamiliar faces are definitely not a comfort for her
- George says that this is his favorite age... but I think he might say that about the next month too
- When we are carrying her and she sees something exciting she starts kicking her legs up and down like she's trying to run away. It's so cute.
- Loves music and being sung to.
- Coos and sings and makes baby babble noises.
- She is more engaged and interactive with her toys and has gotten good at maneuvering things into her mouth including her paci
- Caroline has the best laugh and giggle when you tickle under her arms, her chunky thighs, or her chubby chins
- She is still our chubbest baby and at times when she lays down her second chin folds over her real chin. I'm not sure this is possible but it happens. Sweet girl.
- She can scoot a little and pivot when she is on her belly but she hasn't done any more rolling this month, which is just fine for this momma! Bailey was about to crawl at this age and I am happy for Caroline to stay a little blob for a while longer!
- Likes up when Ainsley and Bailey pay attention to her and whenever George comes home from work.
- Still has gorgeous blue eyes, so I think they are going to stay! Yay! Her dark hair on the other hand has gotten a bit lighter especially on the underside, so it might not stay so dark.
- Sadly she has become too interested in her surroundings and will no longer nap with me. She's more interested in playing with my face, hair, and clothes. I knew this would happen of course but it makes me a little sad because that was such sweet quiet snuggle time together.
Above she is on the quilt that Mom and I made for her. I haven't been taking her monthly pictures on it like I did with the other two but I wanted to be sure to at least get a few shots of her on it. Below she is trying to take flight, just resting on her belly with her arms and legs thrashing in the air. This is what she does when she is happy.
Overall Caroline feels like our most "normal" baby. As a baby, Ainsley was so particular and hyper sensitive and Bailey was mobile and active at a unusually early age and Caroline so far has just been laid back and easy going and perfectly average. I feel like that sounds a bad but I mean it in the best way. She is wonderful and I adore her!
No comments:
Post a Comment