Caroline Elizabeth Peyton
George and I decided on the name Caroline for a number of reasons. Two of the most significant reasons for me where, first, it's origin and meanings. Some meanings for Caroline are joy, song of happiness, and strong (or in some translations, manly, but I prefer to think of it as strong). The name originates from Latin stemming from the names Carol, meaning joyous song, and Linda, meaning pretty. My mom's name is Linda and she is a women who is generous, kind, loving, and strong and I would feel so blessed for our daughter to grow up and emulate her. So, naming our daughter a name with the same root as my mother's name made me initially fall in love with the name. Second, this was a name that we never even considered when we were pregnant with Ainsley. All the other names that George and I were discussing were names that we had also considered for Ainsley, which for me made them feel a little like the "runner ups." I had already had mom guilt about how this baby wasn't going to have a room of her own and how all her toys, gear, and most of her clothes were going to be hand-me-downs... so I definitely didn't want to give her a name that we had once thought less of than the name Ainsley. Plus, the name Caroline just kept resonating with me and George which just made it the perfect fit for our wee little bundle!!
Elizabeth
My middle name is Elizabeth and George and I have both always been fond of the name, even considering it as a first name for both Ainsley and Caroline. Elizabeth is a family name from my mother's father's side and I'm happy to be able to pass it on. It originates from Hebrew and means consecrated to God or God is satisfied.
1 comment:
Love hearing how you chose her names. Both of my girls' middle names (Elise and Isabel) have the same meaning as Elizabeth, which is my middle name too!
Post a Comment