On Thursday December 19th, two days after Caroline was born, we brought her home from the hospital. Above is the picture of us as we arrived home and below are two pictures of us as we were leaving the hospital. I love the close-up one of her in the car seat because it looks so similar to one that we have of Ainsley when we brought her home.
Here are several pictures of her first few moments/hours at home. We had to get a few of her sweet 'coming home' outfit because it is probably the last time she is going to wear it. I did have to laugh at myself because it is a cardigan sweater and sweater pants. When I bought it I was thinking that I'd be bringing her home in December so I wanted to be sure she was wearing something warm.... but then I forgot we live in Austin and it was in the high 60s the day we came home.
Of course as soon as Ainsley heard us come in she was right by our side being a sweet, attentive, and very hands on big sister.
I'm so thankful for all these first shots because Caroline already looks so different to me. It is crazy how fast this little girl is changing and growing. I just wish I could freeze time. I have a feeling that I'm going to be wishing that a lot with this little bundle.
I love how this picture below captures the sweet expression on Ainsley's mouth and her hand cradling her new baby sister.
And what would we all do without all of Grandma Smoothie's help! She has been such an amazing blessing to have around these first few weeks.


No comments:
Post a Comment