Monday, October 14, 2013

Neighborhood Pumpkin Patch


Happy October and yay for pumpkins!  As we have posted every year, a neighborhood church brings in a bunch of pumpkins as an annual fundraiser and it has become one of my favorite fall traditions!  The kids always yell and scream "Pumpkin Patch!!" when we drive by (at least twice a day).  I have been looking forward to fall more this year than most so we were all excited to see the pumpkins arrive this year and took one of their first available afternoons to go and get pumpkins and take pictures.  And even though I didn't get the world's best pics, I'm glad we did because it was a beautiful afternoon and we had the pumpkin patch almost entirely to ourselves.  The church and all the pumpkins made such a lovely backdrop!  I love it!  Side note, in the picture above, anytime I ask Ainsley to give me a pretty smile, this is what I get... shoulder up, head cocked to the side, a closed mouth smile, and batting her eyes.  Where does she get this stuff!?!



That was the best I could do and then they were off to run and play...





But of course they both very willingly posted several times with this weird pumpkin scare crow and the face cutouts.






I told the kids that this first trip to the pumpkin patch we just had to get little pumpkins and that we would come back later with daddy to get bigger pumpkins.  Ainsley asked why we just had to get little ones and I said it was because my belly was like a big pumpkin and that it was the only one I could carry.  She thought that was hilarious and cracked up for quite a while!  Silly girl!  Here they are showing me the little pumpkins they have found.





I love how different my kid are at times... Ainsley kept posing with pumpkins, asking me to take pictures of her while Bailey, on the other hand, would hardly stay still.  He kept jumping over the pumpkins and trying to walk and stand on the piles of small ones and laughing because they made him wobble.



 
 



Bailey also thought this ulgy/warty pumpkin was so funny.  He went right to it, pointing and saying "eeewwww".  He was even hesitate to touch it at first but once he did, he thought it was hilarious, still saying "eeeww".


 
Then they found the gourds.  This part of the afternoon absolutely cracked me up.  Ainsley immediately deemed these gourds microphones and Bailey followed right along.  Ha!  Here they are singing their hearts out and grooving to their own beat!
 

 
 


 
Then back at home we added some face stickers and called it done.  Again Ainsley was very into posing with her pumpkin face creations.  She probably asked me to take about 5 or more pictures of her with her pumpkins in addition to these 2.  And they were both very eager to show their pumpkins off to daddy when he got home from work.






 
My heart swells with love for these two little people and I feel especially thankful for afternoons like this full of laughter, fun, and freedom.  I say freedom because this time last year I wasn't able to take them on an outing like this by myself because of the limitations I had with my back.  Each time I reach another "milestone" like this, I can't help but feel incredibly blessed.  And especially now as we are about to welcome a new little one, I cherish the time I get to spend with just my two big kids.  It overwhelms me to be this fortunate!!

1 comment:

Ray said...

Those are great pictures! They're both so cute!