A few weeks ago we went to the ACC pumpkin patch brunch. There was a huge storm in Austin the night before so the event was much quieter than usual, which was perfect. Above is our best attempt at a family picture and below is the best we could get with the two munchkins. Bailey obviously wasn't in the mood for pictures.
Ainsley on the other hand has become quite the little ham and often requests to have her picture taken. When I tell her to smile pretty, this is the face she consistently gives me. My beautiful, silly little girl!
The main attraction as always was having their faces painted and getting balloon animals. Ainsley waited so patiently in line all by herself and after her turn, Bailey got to just bop over and have a turn as well - the perks of being the little brother! Although, Ainsley did dictate exactly what he wanted to the clown, whether it was what he really wanted or not.
Ainsley ended up with a rainbow butterfly on her face and a pink and purple balloon butterfly. Bailey got a pumpkin on his cheek and a balloon lion.
Sweet boy was so excited and in love with his lion and kept making it roar, but unfortunately it was short lived. We left shortly after this picture was taken but I don't think his lion even made it to the car in one piece. :( Ainsley was sure to point out several times how careful she was able to be with her butterfly however. Sigh.
I love getting to have these simple special mornings as our family of four where I am able to give my undivided attention to these two little people. As excited as I am for this baby to complete our family, I also know that my exhaustion and pre-occupation with the new wee one is going to cause me to miss some of what makes Ainsley and Bailey tick. And that makes me sad yet extra thankful for moments like these.
No comments:
Post a Comment