Thursday, October 17, 2013

Baby Girl

 
With this pregnancy we decided to go and have a 3D/4D ultrasound done.  Ainsley has been really into all the details of her baby sister and I took her to one of the early ultrasounds and she has gotten really disappointed that she hasn't gotten to see the baby again.  (I think she thinks that I get to see the baby at every dr appt.)  Anyway, we thought it would be a special treat to go a have a special ultrasound done and bring the whole family.  Well, it was and it wasn't.... the date of our appt., we got everyone all excited about seeing the baby but she was facing my spine and wouldn't move.  So we didn't really get to see much of anything that would be exciting for Ainsley or Bailey.  George and I tried to stay positive and made a big deal out of a foot or hand but I felt pretty disappointed.  Still the highlight for Ainsley was getting to hear the baby's heartbeat ("did my heart sound like that when I was a baby in your tummy?!") and for Bailey it was getting to touch the gel that they put on my belly ("eeewww." big smile!).  And thankfully, they let us reschedule and come in for another try.  Here we are below all geared up and excited to see our baby girl the first time.  Notice the kiddos big sister and brother outfits.  Needless to say, I didn't go to this much trouble to second time around.
 


Because of the time constraints that we had with making the second appt., this time just Ainsley and I went.  Naturally, baby girl did exactly what she was supposed to do and the boys missed it!  :(  But that just made it all that much more special for Ainsley and I... our first girls-only afternoon for the three of us!  All these pictures are from 30 weeks and 6 days, or basically 31 weeks.  The technician said that everything looked good and that baby girl is measuring about a week ahead of schedule.  Both Ainsley and Bailey both measured a week or so small/behind schedule and then were 10 days/13 days late.... so I'm hoping that this wee one will come closer to her actual due date since she is measuring a bit larger.
 
 
Here's her hand in a lil fist and her baby foot.
 
 
 
We even got a few sweet smiles.
 



 
It was so sweet to have this first glimpse of what our baby might look like and to watch her move and wiggle as I feel her bouncing around in my tummy.  They gave us a video of the whole appt which George and I watched later that evening, so he didn't really miss out on anything after all.  The process of being pregnant and having children is just so humbling and awe-inspiring and I feel so blessed that the Lord is allowing us to bring another life into this world.  I feel so much love for this little girl already and I can't wait to meet her!


 

No comments: