We have been getting some much needed rain lately thanks to a tropical storm pushing stormy weather our way. It has been great! I love rainy days and one afternoon last week I let my kids run off some of their energy rainy day style. Who says you have to play inside when it's raining?!
They had a blast and looked so adorable with their rainboots and umbrellas. The rain was coming down pretty heavy in big fat drops rather than the lighter showers the kids have played in before. They were both a little apprehensive at first but it didn't take them long to get comfortable.
And soon they discovered this puddle which formed in spot of our yard where they have dug a fairly good sized hole. Here is Ainsley coaxing Bailey to join her in the puddle. But trust me, it didn't take much convincing.
I love the sweet lil Bailey expressions in these two pictures.
More jumping and marching in and out of the puddle...
Then they both got really brave and ditched their umbrellas and boots and started playing in just their undies and diaper. I didn't get a picture of this but when they took their boots off, I mentioned to them to be careful not to slip and to watch where they stepped. Well Ainsley took this warning to heart and said, "Ok, Bailey, you walk through the puddle first to make sure there isn't anything in there. Go Bailey, make sure it's safe." Bailey was eager to follow his big sister's directions and cheerfully said "Ok!" and went on through the puddle. Ha! Once Bailey reported it was safe, Ainsley was happy to take her turn. Watching this sequence of events made me laugh out loud! Ha!
More sweet Bailey-boy faces.
They ended up playing in that mud puddle for over a half an hour and probably would have kept going if I hadn't made them come inside because I was worried that they might start to be getting cold.
I love these muddy little people!!
No comments:
Post a Comment