Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!


On September 16th, I celebrated my 31st birthday.  I've noticed that as you get older birthdays get less and less about presents and parties (although I did spoil myself with a new camera this year!) and more and more about getting to connect with friends and family that you don't get to talk to as much and as a mom of almost three, getting to steal some quiet moments to myself guilt-free.  And for my birthday this year I got to do both!  I had a lovely lunch with George (artichoke and bacon pizza - yum!!), lunch with friends later in the week, a productive meeting with our architect about our new house, got sweet snuggles from Ainsley and Bailey and had lots and lots of messages and love from friends and family from afar.  And I splurged on lots of desserts!  I guess that part of birthdays doesn't change from when you were a kid.  :)  I'm very blessed!

Just so I remember, when Ainsley came down the stairs in the morning after wishing me happy birthday, she looked around the living room/kitchen area kind of puzzled and said, "I just thought there would be decorations."  Ha!  I'll make my own cake but draw the line at putting up my own decorations!  I explained to her that I'm the one who puts up the decorations for her and Bailey.  She said that next year she would be sure to hang decorations for me too.  Sweet girl.

No comments: