Join us under the sea for
Ainsley's 4th Birthday Party!
This year Ainsley wanted a mermaid birthday party so we decided to have a low-key bash under the sea at the pool. It was a lot of fun and Ainsley definitely felt special and spoiled!
What she really wanted was for all her friends to come to the party, which can be hard since so many people are traveling during the summer, especially in July when it is so hot here.... but we were all pleased with that most of her buddies could make it. I was surprised because I thought that most of the birthday party action would be split between the smaller baby pool and the big pool... but most of these kids swam exclusively in the big pool with several taking turns jumping off the big diving board! Ainsley was right there with them as she has been all summer, but still it shocks me how big they all are!! Here are some pictures of the fun.
Poor Bailey was pretty grumpy and not feeling his best that day so we didn't get very many pleasant pictures of him. Here is one shot of him jumping off the big diving board. I'm so impressed at how brave he is and how much he loves this. We aren't allowed to catch him after he jumps in, only be there for support. So he goes down deep in the water and then we help him to the side. Such a big boy!
Before we knew it, it was time for lunch and treats. Ainsley requested mini corn dogs for lunch and we also had little pizzas, fruit and veggies. The cupcakes of course had mermaids and fishy toppers.
Ainsley again loved being the star and having everyone sing happy birthday to her. Notice Bailey bawling his eyes out the whole time. He was sad that he couldn't help blow out the candles this time.
Just a shot of everyone eating and having fun. I wasn't super on top of taking pictures this time so didn't get as many as I normally do. I never want to make all the kids stop the fun they are having for a group picture but am kind of bummed that I didn't end up getting one. Oh well... lesson learned. :)
Here are the party favors... Mermaid star soap wands for the bath!
Happy birthday party day my sweet lil mermaid!! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment