Thursday, August 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Ainsley!

This year Ainsley has been counting down and anticipating her birthday more than she has any other year - starting all the way back in February!  I have grown into quite the birthday fan and I love making the day extra special for our kiddos.

Ainsley requested pancakes for breakfast so we had special birthday pancakes with sprinkles and candles!  Who can resist the fun of getting to blow out birthday candles twice!  :)
 



 
 
She was so giddy and excited when we were singing happy birthday to her.  I'm so thankful that my mom was there and could capture these sweet 4 year old faces for us.
 
 
 

 She was so kind and not only let, but encouraged, Bailey to help her blow out her candles.  When all the candles were out she told us that her birthday wish was for all her friends to come to her birthday party.

 
 

After breakfast we let her open one special gift to start the day.  It was her first real piece of jewelry, a James Avery silver butterfly necklace.  She had shown an interest in wearing some of my necklaces to church and things so I thought she was probably ready to have a little something of her own.  It was exciting for me to buy for her and I loved seeing how overjoyed she was when she opened it.
 



 
As another special treat, we headed to Chuck E. Cheese for the morning.  It was pouring down rain the whole day, so this was the perfect activity!  Her and Bailey were in heaven and since we got there early, they had the place entirely to themselves for the first hour or so.  Here they are with the mouse himself.  They were both brave enough to dance with him for free tickets.



They spent the majority of the morning riding on all the cars and moving rides.  It was cute to see them taking turns driving and putting in the tokens and just playing with each other in general.

 



 
 
 


They also spent quite a few tokens on this roller coaster simulator ride.  Their seats would jerk, rock, and vibrate like they were on a roller coaster and the pictures on the scene moved fast and were sometimes kind of scary.  Honestly I'm not sure why they liked this ride so much especially since both of their faces look scared and uncomfortable in these pictures.  But as soon as it was over they wanted another token to ride again.





 
Here they are climbing and playing in the "mouse maze".  The steps to get up to the top were too far apart for Bailey to do by himself and Ainsley was such a sweet sister in helping him up each one so that he could play in the maze too.  It was pretty sweet to watch.




 
Then Daddy joined us for lunch and helped the kiddos play some of the harder big kid games.  I played some of these with them before George got there but somehow Daddy always makes it more fun.  Maybe because he actually rode the simulator with them because there was no way that I was getting on that.  :)


  
After naps and rest time, Ainsley opened her presents from us.  Needless to say, she was pretty excited about this part of her birthday and insisted on wearing her princess crown during the process.  She was most excited to open a new gymnastic leotard, a groovy girl doll that she calls her nite-nite dolls, and a new tea set.  Bailey got a few gifts to open too which mainly consisted of re-wrapped toys he already had and books.
 






Ainsley's main gift this year was a LeapPad, which is like a kid's version of an Ipad that you can upload games too.  She wasn't quite sure what it was when she opened it and but liked that it came with accessories, ie. a traveling case and game cartridges.  Her sweet daddy opened it and set it all up and put it back in the package so that when we gave it to her, she could pull it right out and start playing.  Bailey was quite interested in it as well, so I'm seeing one in his near future.  


 
 
Sweet birthday hugs from little brother...
 



 
 Next we had Ainsley's birthday cake.  She said that a birthday meant you got to eat cake before dinner.  We agreed.  While she was eating her cake, she declared that this was the best birthday ever!!  Again, we agreed.  There is just nothing better than turning four... until the next year rolls around.  Just to note, she was very excited that her cake had four layers now that she was four years old.  I hope this doesn't become a trend because four is pretty hard to top for this cake-out-of-the-box baker.  Ainsley did help me make the cake, lick the beaters, and of course was in charge of putting on all the sprinkles on top.  :)


 





 


 
 
One other thing I want to be sure to remember about the day was that for her birthday dinner, my odd little four-year-old she requested salmon, which she often says is her favorite food.  But I wasn't prepared for that and we were getting takeout so she compromised and settled for fish sticks, french fries, and pickles and I told her that I would make her salmon another night that week. 

Happy Birthday Ainsley!!!  We love you!!


No comments: