
Ainsley has such a tender spirit towards animals and it is really precious to see. I have to admit that it has even made me feel guilty for not having some sort of pet because she always sadly comments on how the neighbor cats that sometimes come to visit always go away. But we just can't handle anymore craziness in our life right now.
So anyway, the other day we were on a walk and she found a roly poly and was jumping up and down in excitement. I remember how much fun roly polys were to play with when I was little so I let her carry it on our way home. There was a constant commentary: "Oh he's so cute. He's really so cute. He's the best roly moly that I never seen. See his little legs walking. Really really cute." Naturally she dropped the poor guy a few times and when we were a block away her comments started to change: "Why he in a little tiny ball?"
Me: "Maybe he's going night-night"
Ainsley: "Oh. He must be really sleepy. He's just in a little ball. He not walking anymore. I think he really night-night."
Oops. Still, she carried him all the way home and then we set him next to one of our flowers for night-night while we had lunch. Here she is telling me all about him.

Sweet girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment