Monday, March 19, 2012

Lil Daredevil



We love Bailey dearly but lately he has become such a daredevil and nightmare!! George and I feel like we are constantly on accident watch with him whenever he is playing. This has sort of been the story of his life but recently he has been taking it to a whole new extreme. After falling off the slide and cutting the side of his head, and almost falling face first off the steps that lead to our garage, we look over at him and he has climbed on top of the kids picnic table. AHHH!! How does he do these things so quickly!

This weekend in the house, after George stepped away for a second, I hear Ainsley saying, "Look! You're doing it! Come on up baby boy. You can do it." When I heard the word "up" I got scared and ran around the corner to find Ainsley at the top of the only stairs in our house that don't have a baby gate, sweetly coaxing Bailey up the stairs. He had gotten half way up in literally a few seconds!! My heart was racing because I knew that we had just gotten SO lucky. A fall down 8ish hard wood steps onto a hard wood floor would not have been pretty. Needless to say, we will be gating that area soon.

And these are just a few incidents that make up our everyday with this wild man! Ainsley was such a cautious child - even learning height boundaries (eg. could leave her on the bed and she wouldn't venture off) at an early age - that George and I are quickly realizing that we are WAY out of our league!! No wonder I have been getting stress headaches lately. :)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I totally understand with the second child! AK climbs up the slide on our playground. This is something Trip learned how to do only in the last 6 months!