The Peyton family has been quarantined from society - with the exception of the drs office, where we've been three times in the past week. It all started when our nanny/helper/lifesaver, Lucy, tested positive for mono. Then that night Bailey woke up with a high fever, crying almost inconsolably. His fever spiked up to 103 and wasn't responding to medicine last Wednesday morning and a trip to the dr led to a diagnosis in either Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease (HFMD) or mono. Babies typically don't get mono but he had symptoms for both diseases with big blisters in this throat, swollen lymph nodes, upset tummy, and high fever but no sores on his feet or hands. We decided not to do a blood test to find out for certain if he had mono because its a virus so even if we knew that's what it was, there isn't anything else we could do for it. But the poor lil guy was and has been so so miserable the rest of the week and weekend. It has been especially hard having him so sick because he understandably wants to be held all the time which is just something I can't do with my back still injured. With Lucy out of the picture help wise, I have been so grateful for my sweet husband who has stepped up in a huge way and helped do all the things I can't. We were both up so much Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights with Bailey being in so much pain but I am unable to lay Bailey down in his crib, so it was George who spent most of the night rocking and comforting him back to sleep. It makes me teary eyed thinking about both how frustrating and helpless it makes me feel to not be able to do my job as a mommy but also how lucky I am to have such an amazing, loving man be my partner in life and the best daddy.
But I digress... Then Friday evening, Ainsley started running a high fever and acting miserable. We gave her some meds and sent her off to bed and we honestly a little comforted by the fact that the other shoe had dropped. We knew she would get sick, it was just a matter of when. Friday night I ended up sleeping with her in her bed trying to soothe her back to sleep - something that has only ever happened once or twice. The poor girl was just a wreck spending most of the time just crying and whining with small spurts of pretend play. The days are kind of a blur of exhaustion now, but she has been fighting fever and tummy ache all weekend and not eating because her "teeth" hurt. Since Ainsley is such a Daddy's girl, George has been so helpful here too. For some reason, snuggling with him is just more calming to her than me. Not sure why, but in times like this - I'll take any comfort we can give. We took her to the dr this morning and she has several big blisters in her throat too. Ugh. Sickness is awful. And with the stomach bug that went through our home for 2-3 weeks a few weeks and with George and I still not 100% from our injuries this fall, I just feel like we have gotten a bit more than our share lately. But Bailey has been acting more like himself yesterday and today and the dr said his mouth sores are gone so hopefully we are on the downhill side of all of this. I know we have a few more days of sickness with Ainsley but then our prayer is that we are back to normal. We are just praying for normal. :)
Monday, February 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wonder if Ainsley might be getting her 2nd year molars too? Sorry they don't feel well....hang in there!
Post a Comment