Sunday, February 5, 2012

Night-night Dark


I'm not exactly sure how this tradition got started but every night for the past 6+ months or so George and Ainsley go outside after bath and jammies to say goodnight to the dark. It is such a sweet routine that captures all the innocence of being two.

The dialogue usually is something like, "Night-night dark. Night-night moon. Night-night clouds. Night-night stars. Night-night neighbors, slide, trees, birdies, squirrels..." and whatever else comes to her two-year-old mind. But sometimes there are other precious deviations like when the moon is behind the clouds, she often says that she needs to blow the clouds away and starts making big blowing noises. I love how this is perfectly logical in her mind.

One night when she couldn't see the moon she goes, "Mooooooooooonnnnn. Where you go moon? I need to see you moon. I have an idea. I fly up to the moon and get it back! It really far. I use my Halloween wings. Come on, lets go get them from my closet!"

When she sees the moon at other times of the day, usually when we're driving, she thinks it's so funny. "Hey, moon! What are you doing silly moon. Come back to my house." She literally thinks the moon lives at our house. I love it! I love it, I love it, I love it!! :)

1 comment:

angie said...

This is so so so sweet!