When my mom was here several weeks ago, she was able to get some great shots of Ainsley at swim lessons. She has been taking classes at Emler Swim School since the beginning of the summer and LOVES it! She started off in classes where I was in the water "swimming" with her (Waterbabies Class) and then at the beginning of fall she graduated into a class with just a teacher and 4 other students (Super Waterbabies). In January she will advance to Extreme Waterbabies which is another class of similar style for 2-year-olds. She isn't a total fish and still has trouble keeping her body level in the water but she has so, so much fun and I think her skills will improve as she becomes more coordinated in general. Below are pics of her during inner tube time - her favorite!
Here she is knocking down her turtle after doing humpty dumpty and "falling" in the water. This is one of the safety skills that teaches them how to turn around and find the wall and crawl out if they ever fall in the water by accident. Such a great thing for kiddos to know!
Here she is being flat on her back like a little pancake...
... and getting ready to sing the 'kids in the pool' song with her buddies.
Such fun and one of the highlights of our week!
1 comment:
I love it! I think the name "extreme" and "waterbabies" is funny together. :)
Post a Comment