Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just so I don't forget...


... Last night George and I went to a Christmas party and I was wearing a skirt, which rarely happens these days. When Ainsley saw me, her eyes got really wide and she said, "Ohhhh, you look so pretty Mommy!" Then she grabbed the edge of my skirt and rubbed it through her fingers. "What is on your skirt?" I told her that my skirt was made of silk. "Ohhhh, twirl Mommy! Twirl with your skirt!" I did a spin for her and my skirt floated a bit in the way that every girl loves. She squealed in delight. And oh, I wish I could capture the look in her eyes and on her face in my mind forever. It was just pure joy, wonderment, and love. Then she started talking about how I looked just like Lulu, a girl who likes to dress up like a lady bug in one of her books, so the moment was kind of lost. :) Still, these are the things I want to cherish always and never forget.

No comments: