Saturday, December 24, 2011

Our Tree


This year George and Ainsley went and "chopped down" our Christmas tree themselves like my family used to do when we were little. Well actually, they drove all the way to Christmas tree farm, took the hayride, walked all around to find the perfect tree, and ended up liking one that had been cut down the day before. Still, there were lots of other fun things to do like pet farm animals and eat candy canes. :) I was sad to miss it but my back couldn't really make the drive so I stayed home with Bailey and it made a pretty sweet father-daughter morning.


As the first picture shows, this year we also opted for a gated tree. :) With Bailey stumbling around all month we just thought it would be easier on all of us if the tree was just completely off limits. Not quite as pretty but so worth it!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is so fun! Your tree looks like ours, a little sparse ... I guess that's all they can grow here in the Texas Hill Country!