Monday, November 28, 2011

Bailey Seventh Month Update


Bailey continues to be a busy, busy lil guy. He seems to be crawling faster and faster by the day and frequently has damp hair from working up a sweat while he moves and plays! I love watching his little legs and arms move and his little bottom bounce up and down. He just looks so little to be crawling so fast. He can now cruise and transition from one piece of furniture to the next without any trouble and we have even caught him standing on his own for several seconds. He continues to surprise us with how stable he is - this boy is going to be walking before we know it!


About half way though this month Bailey's left center bottom tooth popped through. He didn't really fuss that much but was chewing on everything and we could tell it was tender so that little pearly white was a welcomed sight.

Bailey still isn't making many vowel or constant sounds yet (no baas, maas, daa, or goos) but he has started trying to chat more this month. He tends to be pretty quiet (when he's not crying or whining) but this month he has started making an 'ah/eh' sound. He gets especially delighted when you mimic his 'ah/eh' noise. Then when I switch to one of the other vowel or constant sounds he intently watches and listens rolling his tongue around in his mouth trying to make something happen. I love to watch him learn.


The three main loves in Bailey's life right now are 1) banging on things. This lil one is such a boy and is drawn to any and everything that makes noise. He will bang and drop things over and over if they make a loud noise, which several things do on our hard wood floors. And it brings the biggest smile to his face to beat and drum on the couch, table, pillows, and floor. Do I see a set of drums in our future?! 2) Being outside. He loves it and is instantly fascinated and entranced with the trees overhead, the wind, and the falling leaves. He is content for so long crawling on the grass and exploring. But it isn't that easy since every few feet he stops to try to sneak a leaf or clump of grass in his mouth. And he wails whenever we come inside. On a couple of occasions I've made the mistake of opening the door to get the mail while he's been in my arms. He throws the biggest fit with a full-on pouty face when I open the door to come back in. The lil man knows what he likes! 3) His big sister! Ainsley is by far at the top of this list of loves. He follows her everywhere and it is just so cute to see. She's a great big sister to him and of course loves him and plays with him often but he spends most of his time trying to keep up and be close to her. It kind of breaks my heart at times to see him looking at her longingly. It also makes me so thankful that I am the second child in my family because I know that I did this to my older brother, and I turned out ok. :)


Bailey's main complaint with life so far is having to be still. He fusses, squirms and cries during diaper changes. It literally takes almost two people to change his diaper and if he's poopy, forget it. Everything will have poop on it - his clothes, his feet, his hands, the changing pad - everything! He hollers when he has to be still to buckle his car seat - although thankfully he doesn't mind driving too much. And he wiggles and whines when nursing unless he is sleepy. He is just an active little man!


On a sentimental note, I feel like Bailey is growing up so, so much faster than Ainsley. I know that part of it is because with two kids I just don't have as much time to focus on and enjoy him and his baby-ness as I did with Ainsley and part of it is because developmentally he is actually growing up faster. But either way, I already feel so nostalgic for his baby phase and so sad that he is already closer to a toddler than he is a baby. Sigh. I just love him to pieces!!

2 comments:

ellie621 said...

so sweet!! i love all of the pictures of him!! can't believe he is already 7 months!

Michelle said...

I can't believe he is already cruising around!