Thursday, November 10, 2011

Broken Parents


Ainsley has been such a sweet girl with mine and George's injuries. Here are a few things that I want to be sure to remember...

-She will spontaneously give my back the sweetest little rubs and ask "You're back hurt mommy." After she rubs it she says, "That better? You're back not hurt now."
-She will put stickers on both my back and George's foot and say "You're back/foot all better now."
-She wants to lay on ice with me (she has her own little ice pack) and she mimics my physical therapy exercises. She has also requested to wear a bandaid on her foot so that she can be like Daddy.
-She is continually pointing out which one of George's feet is hurt and telling us to be careful. "That you're hurt foot Daddy. That not your hurt foot. You have one hurt foot Daddy. I no touch it. I touch this foot. It not your hurt foot. Be careful with your hurt foot. I kiss it." And the way she pronounces 'hurt foot' is so sweet and cute in itself.
-She keeps telling George to go back to the doctor to get his foot fixed. "You need to go back to the doctor again. You're hurt foot not better."
-Sometimes when she doesn't want to do something she will tell me that she can't because her back hurts. For instance, "No I not finish my peas. My back hurts." If she's standing she will put her hand on her back and hunch over and say her back hurts.

Ha! All so sweet and funny. I'm sad that this is all a part of her world right now, but I guess its just part of life.

2 comments:

EMU said...

So cute!

Michelle said...

I love her concern for both of you, so sweet. And I love her "back hurting" to get out of eating.....I think Finley sometimes does the same thing by saying that his teeth "hurt". :)