Hi there. Sorry for the silence lately. I've been dealing with some challenges with my back. As most of you know I struggled with back pain throughout my pregnancy with Bailey and was diagnosed 2+ months ago with a herniated disc in my lower back (lumber L5). Since the diagnosis I've been going to physical therapy twice a week to work on realigning the disc and then building up muscle strength to hold the disc in place. My dr warned me that it would be a long recovery because one of my hips is also anteriorly rotated which makes one of my legs shorter and that the treatment for these two issues are counter-productive. Sigh. But they are hopeful that I'm not broken for good and will be able to run again one day, which is my long-term goal. I miss running so much but that seems so far in the future since now it is a struggle for me to sit longer than 15-20 minutes at a time without pain.
Running seems especially far away since these past few weeks I've been dealing with a intensely painful flare-up in my back that brought me back to square one with my treatment if not farther back. This time it has been a struggle to do anything related to holding/lifting/bending, (which encompasses every action related to caring for a toddler and infant) without pain in my back, hip, and radiating down my legs. It has been really difficult to take care of Ainsley and Bailey's needs, not to mention my own or the house with this type of pain.
But George has been a huge help and stepped up where I've needed it and I'm learning to let some things go. I've also finally taken George up on his offer to let us get some extra help with things so that I am able to give my body the time that it needs to heal. It has been hard to have a helper here a little more than part time and to ask her to pick up Bailey for me, or put Ainsley in her crib, or bend over and change a diaper, but I'm trying hard to focus on the fact that this is a season and that I am so blessed to be able to have this extra support. I'm not good at asking for help or slowing down so all of this has been a learning experience. Still, I can see the Lord's hand in this process and even amidst this struggle I praise Him. I'll keep you updated. xoxox
4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this and will be praying for you. So glad you are able to have help!
So sad you're not up to your best these days. That's rough. At least those little cuties keep you smiling. Hope things heal up soon. xo
Hang in there! Back pain is so tough-- Garrett has a couple of herniated discs so goes through this every once in ahwile. Take it easy and let us know if you need any more info/a sympathetic ear!
So sorry to hear this. I have had many family members go through this pain. And I am very happy that you guys can get you some help during this time. Praying for you friend.
Post a Comment