Weight: 15lbs, 8oz (10-25th percentile)
Height: 28 inches (90-95th percentile)
Head: 17 inches (25th-50th percentile)
This has been the month of mobility for Bailey. I feel like every time I turn around he has mastered a new skill. It blows my mind watching how quickly he picks up on motor skills. He is now completely mobile and up on all fours in the traditional cross-crawl and if he is really after something he drops to his belly in a version of army crawling and is fast! He has also mastered maneuvering from his belly to a seated position and after only a few days was completely wobble-free. And to top off my astonishment and nightmare, he is now able to pull himself up to standing and attempting a few cruising steps! It is like he is only satisfied with a new skill for a few days and then he is on to the the next thing. It shocks me since Ainsley didn't pull up until she was 8 months old and wasn't mobile until 9 months and we thought that was early at the time. I'm proud of our lil guy but at the same time it makes me sad that he is growing up so quickly.
The loves of Bailey's life right now are playing peek-a-boo, listening to the 'wheels on the bus' song, being tickled under his arms, drumming on pillows and the windows, splashing in the bath, being outside, jumping, chewing on anything he can maneuver in his mouth, but at the top of the list is Ainsley. His face just lights up anytime she enters the room and he is constantly watching her in awe. I love to see this.
Bailey's dislikes are few and far between but he has started getting upset when we are in a part of the room where he can't see us. And sometimes when I lay him down for bed if he isn't totally ready yet, he quickly gets up and crawls to the edge and peeks over the bumper and cries when I leave the room. :( I know this is normal and his crying usually only lasts a few minutes but it still breaks my heart.

Due to his mobility, another milestone this month was that we lowered his crib mattress (something we didn't do with Ainsley until about 8.5 months). At first we tried to just lower it to the middle setting in an effort to keep me from having to bend over so far but then I was up all night checking the monitor ever time I heard a peep to make sure he wasn't pulling up and falling out. So after a few nights of terrible sleep, we bit the bullet and lowered it all the way. Now he can pull up all he wants because he's not going anywhere. Although we have joked that he's going to be the one to teach Ainsley how to crawl out of her crib!
Bailey also enjoyed his first tastes of solids this month. It took him a while to get the hang of it and the process has had a few more gagging and food shudders than with Ainsley. That said, he seems to be enjoying it more and more and now has rice cereal, carrots, sweet potatoes, and avocado under his belt.

Bailey definitely keeps us on our toes with his combination of dare devil moves and his melt-your-heart smiles. Such a lil monkey and we love every little piece of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment